1.3 Biometric Data - Photos and Fingerprints
a) Photo Requirements
Together with your visa application documents, please submit one recent biometric passport sized photograph (please check “Biometric photo samples" on the right)
· size 3,5 x 4,5 cm
· Photo must not be older than 6 months and show NAME of applicant on backside
· A front view of the face covering 70-80% (32-26mm) of the photo.
· Plain and light-colored background.
· Clear facial features and eyes – not covered by hair or eye glasses.
· Head coverings are only accepted for religious reasons.
b) Fingerprints – Visa Information System (VIS)
According to the Visa Codex of the EU all visa applicants in the Gulf Region have to present themselves in person for the collection of biometric data (fingerprints) as of October 2nd 2012. You can find further information under Visa Information System (VIS) (on the right).
Certain categories of applicants are exempt from the requirement to give fingerprints, including:
· Children under the age of 12;
· Persons who are physically unable to provide finger scans (medical certificate required);
· Heads of State and members of national governments, and members of their official delegations when invited for an official purpose by the Federal Republic of Germany or an International Organization;
· Monarchs and high ranking members of the royal family, when invited for an official purpose by the Federal Republic of Germany or an International Organization.
The visa section of the Embassy is not entitled to grant additional exemptions.